lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] serious lwIP 1.4.0 error

From: Peter Sprenger
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] serious lwIP 1.4.0 error
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:31:51 +0200

> Peter Sprenger <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The lwIP 1.4.0 problem is (I am using raw API), that lwIP gets a
>> [FIN,ACK] from the other side (Firefox), but instead of doing a
>> tcp_sent callback, it resubmits 3 times the packet that was already
>> acked in the [FIN,ACK]. This leads to a hanging half-closed situation.
>> Only after some minutes the Firefox on the PC will close the
>> connection. Do you know if this has been fixed?

> Stupid question, but are you sure the FIN|ACK datagram actually
> reaches lwIP tcpip thread?  You may be out of MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG_INPKT.
> I ran into this a few times with similar symptoms - lwIP would
> retransmit data that looks ACKed if you only check the tcpdump trace.

I am not sure. Since I use no RTOS "NO_SYS" is defined to "1" and then
the "MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG_INPKT" parameter is not used. What have I to
change then?

Best Regards,

Peter Sprenger

> -uwe

-

------------------

Moving Bytes Communications, Systementwicklung GmbH
Geschäftsführer Peter Sprenger
Carl-Sutor-Str.26
D-50226 Frechen
Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 30047
Ust-IDNr.: DE195140727

Tel.: +49/2234/9333-876
Fax.: +49/2234/9333-878
Email: address@hidden