lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ARP Request breaking Telnet traffic

From: Daniel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ARP Request breaking Telnet traffic
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:25:17 -0700 (PDT)

That of course is true on one hand. But on the other hand, I wanted to test in a "real" network, where there is also "foreign" traffic. But I should have retested it in a separate network.

Thanks again
Daniel

Glad we could help. Still I'm a bit puzzled, why the ZyWall also
resets a connection based on the same IP (172.16.1.7) in Frame 20...

A final recommendation based on my own experience: Invest some bucks
in a second NIC for your PC and always create a separate network for
your development devices. This avoids such bad coincidences and avoids
side effects during your tests.

There are some neat USB NICs by Trendnet you can by for little money.

Regards
Ueli

Quoting Daniel <[hidden email]>:

> Thank you both, Ueli and Bill
>
> Of course you're right, I should have provided more information. Sorry,
> first time poster in lwip.
>
> Your assumptions about the IPs are right. 172.16.1.11 is a ZyWall.
>
> Your hints just helped me a lot. I asked myself what could trigger my device
> to change the MAC - but had no clue. Then I looked closer at the MAC
> addresses. Our devices use their serial number as the last digits in the
> MAC.
> The MAC which was used before the problems, was the serial number of my
> controller as expected. The latter MAC address was a serial number that was
> a bit higher. So I had a look at my colleagues desk, and actually somebody
> did some tests with another controller at that time, using the same IP
> address like me! That was a bad coincidence.
>
> Thank you very much for your help, you made my day!
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>

> --

http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/ARP-Request-breaking-Telnet-traffic-tp21584p21593.html
To unsubscribe from ARP Request breaking Telnet traffic, click here.
NAML

--

machine control AG

Daniel Haslimann