lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] The lwip linux port - how to use another ip on the exis

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] The lwip linux port - how to use another ip on the existing subnet
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:06:46 +0200 (CEST)

Enrique Wellborn wrote:
 is there a worthy linux alternative to winpcap that works well with lwip and doesn't require adding a new device?

There is libpcap for linux (in fact, libpcap existed before winpcap, if I remember correctly).

I haven't found the time to do so, yet, but I think you should be able to take the pcap driver from the win32 port (pcapif.c/.h) and compile it against libpcap on linux. You will have to leave out the link state detection though (pcapif_helper.c/.h), as it relies on the win32 library "packet32" because link state information is (or was?) not provided by pcap.

Simon