lwip-users

[lwip-users] Selecting correct lwIP API

From: ella
Subject: [lwip-users] Selecting correct lwIP API
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 22:28:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
My goal is to write a server running on my STM32 board with FreeRTOS.
Connection to the server should be done via TCP/IP socket from a number of
clients (up to 10) running BSD socket on Linux/Windows PC.

I'm trying to understand what API is better for me. And especially principal
difference between netconn and socket API. I worked a lot with socket on
Linux and Windows so I'm familiar with TCP and UDP sockets. But from the
other side I do not care about portability of the server side code as it
will run only under lwIP.

>From what I could understand netconn should be more efficient but less
portable (Am I right?).
But I'm not quite sure if this is the right way to run server with netconn
and clients with BSD sockets?
Besides I'm not quite sure about props and corns of both. Can you please
help me to choose the right API.
Thanks.