lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP-new threaded vs non-threaded application

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP-new threaded vs non-threaded application
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 22:30:03 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 08:05:33PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I think in your post
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2013-06/msg00011.html,
> you gave some code snippet showing how to use ppp-new in user's
> application. I believe that snippet is used in a non-threaded
> application, am I right?

Yes, it is, or inside the tcpip thread with the tcpip_init_done callback
or tcpip_callback_with_block helper.

By the way, this is a great example for PPPoS I forgot I did, this
should definitely reach the doc folder :-)

> Can you give an example application code snippet for threaded
> environment? I have problem to get my threaded application work with
> PPP-new. Basically, I followed your example for non-threaded
> environment, but use functions with pre-fix pppapi_ instead of ppp_ as
> you suggested in that post. The following code snippet is my
> task(freeRTOS is used) function handling PPP.
>
> void vPPPApplication(void)
> {
>   ppp_pcb *ppps;
>   char *username = "test";
>   char *password = "test";
>
>   int connected = 0;
>   int pd;
>
>   ppps = pppapi_new();

ok

>   /* set the method of authentication. Use PPPAUTHTYPE_PAP, or
>    * PPPAUTHTYPE_CHAP for more security .
>    * If this is not called, the default is PPPAUTHTYPE_NONE.
>    */
>   pppapi_set_auth(ppps, PPPAUTHTYPE_PAP, username, password);

ok

>   pppapi_over_serial_create(ppps, 0, ppp_link_status_cb, NULL);
>
>   pppapi_open(ppps, 0);

ok

>   while(1)
>   {
>     u8_t buffer[128];
>     int len;
>     len = sio_read(0, buffer, 20);
>     if(len <= 0) {
>       vTaskDelay( 10 );
>     } else {
>       pppos_input(ppps, buffer, len);
>     }
>   }
> }

ok

Looks good for the case of a direct PPoS session (without a modem)
between two hosts.

Note that lwIP should be initialized before and it must finish its
initialisation before calling any of ppp_ or pppapi_ functions.

Sylvain