lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] change PHY and strange behaviour

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] change PHY and strange behaviour
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:07:47 -0300

Hi, this is the kind of problem I love to figure out and not have it
myself... ;^)

1) I would put a wireshark or equivalent to really see what is going on,
those text reports can be lots of non-related stuff. I guess packets
have an id number and so lost packets are detected, but I don't see that
in your text, and in the hypotetical case that that is what is going on,
you might see something like that.

2) In case frames are being lost, we need to find where.

2.1) I don't know if you have the proper (expensive) tools to see the
signal at the wire and check the pcb design and magnetics are working
OK. Do you ?

2.2) Same for the interface between the micro and the PHY. Those are
differential pcb traces and require some hardware knowledge.

3) In case frames are not being lost and every echo reply is for the
latest echo request and yes, there is that strange "wraparound" delay:
we'll try to find out the source. A logic analyzer will be helpful. Do
you have one ?

Regards