lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Split DNS for multihomed setup

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Split DNS for multihomed setup
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 09:44:10 -0300

Oh yes! And you were the OP of that thread! I do need vacations...
My mistake, I don't see a difference. Sorry, don't want to inject noise
in your thread, I just don't see how DNS is different from other
applications. This to me is the same source routing issue and you will
face it for every application in which you need some specific
destination associated to a specific source address/interface.
As far as I can see, either you write a routing module that has static
routes based on your constraints, or you'll have to modify every single
application you ever need to use in this context.
Backing off...