lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP hangs after some data transferred

From: Grzegorz Niemirowski
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP hangs after some data transferred
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 03:58:06 +0200

Sergio R. Caprile <address@hidden> napisał(a):
Hi Grzegorz,
let's make this a kickstarter for the FAQ ;^)
"single thread" applies mostly to raw API users and/or vendor code; they
use an RTOS and the raw API and forget to call the lwIP stack from a
single thread. I've seen some vendor code which also calls the stack
from within interrupt code. Not your case, since you are using the
sockets API.
The ST rx handler bug is the winner this August: The interrupt routine
takes the first frame off the controller and forgets to ask if there are
any others waiting, so fast consecutive frames cause lost frames. IIRC,
there is also a task running every second that somehow gets frames out
of the chip (?), so some people notice this issue by observing a 500ms
average ping delay, constantly changing (but I might be confusing it
with other bug I read on the list). I'm glad you found it in the list
and fixed it. Fortunately I don't use vendor code so I can't tell you if
there are any other serious bugs, I prefer to deal with my own bugs
(which keeps me very busy indeed ;^)).
Sorry for hijacking your thread, should I start a new one or do you
prefer to elaborate on the FAQ here ? You are the OP
Best regards

Feel free to start the FAQ here.

I'm still fighting with the problem. The stack hangs on fetching packets from mbox. I have tried following code (added printfs):
printf("fetch %u\n", num++);
sys_timeouts_mbox_fetch(&mbox, (void **)&msg);
printf("OK\n");
And I get "fetch 2272" without "OK".

Best regards,
Grzegorz Niemirowski