lwip-users

[lwip-users] hayes commands popping up in ppp stream

From: chrysn
Subject: [lwip-users] hayes commands popping up in ppp stream
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 10:09:18 +0100

hello lwip users,

i'd like to keep track of my gsm device's position while a ppp data
connection is active. unfortunately, that means that the non-ppp
messages (/\r\n+CENG:[0-9,"a-f]+\r\n/ in my case) arrive in the same
stream as ppp messages. (at least, it appears, they are not fully
interleaved).

does the lwip ppp stack provide a mechanism to feed back rejected
strings somewhere else, or do i need to inspect the ppp stack's internal
state from outside, determine whether it is currenlty inside or outside
of a frame, and divert \r\n... sequences from it if no frame is
currently being received?

for reference, i'm working with lwip master branch, and the modem i'm
using is a simcom sim900d. apart from the CENG messages, occasional
"\r\nUNDER-VOLTAGE WARNNING\r\n" (sic) messages appear, and those can't
be switched off.

best regards
chrysn

--
This may seem a bit weird, but that's okay, because it is weird.
  -- perldata(1) about perl variables