lwip-users

[lwip-users] Pinging linklocal IP6 address gives "general failure" reply

From: mfkexpress
Subject: [lwip-users] Pinging linklocal IP6 address gives "general failure" reply
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 05:31:15 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I'm trying to implement IPv6 in my device.

I've configured linklocal IP6 address using
netif_create_ip6_linklocal_address() function in my device.

When I ping from my PC to IP6 address of my device, I get "General failure"
reply.

Should IP6 address be configured as static(Unique Local) or it should work
with link-local also??

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Regards,
Mohsin