lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TM4C1294 LWIP Usage

From: Lee
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TM4C1294 LWIP Usage
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 02:39:33 -0700 (MST)

Hi Noam,

No I am not using an RTOS. I managed to echo characters today so that was a
step forward. I was using a fairly simple and easy to understand tcp_echo
code. tcp_echo_2.c <http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/n23627/tcp_echo_2.c>

However my goal is not to receive but only to send. So  i won't need to use
the recvd function and  then tcp_write(),tcp_sent() to loopback. Once I have
a connection I will only need to write. I should be able to DMA in my data
into 2 large buffers (maybe 1400 Bytes each) and then call a tcp_write with
a pointer to this buffer. Then when my other buffer is full, call a
tcp_write with a pointer to this buffer.

I understand what you are saying about the code getting held up with lack of
acks and freeing of buffers but I'm hoping the data will be fed out the
ethernet faster than the data is coming in.

The data will be coming in at 2.4MB/s so I'm not hopeful I can achieve the
throughput with 100Mb/s ethernet.

First problem though is using the tcp_write() outside of the recvd callback.
Hopefully I can just go something like that which is attached but in a write
function.

tcp_write( pcb, my_buffer, 1400, 0 );
tcp_sent( pcb, NULL );

I'm not sure that I can use the pcb that I accepted with though.