lwip-users

[lwip-users] memory leak ?

From: Noam weissman
Subject: [lwip-users] memory leak ?
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 17:57:15 +0300

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem.

I am using LwIP with a TCP server (like telnet). All seems ok, but …

After some time that I am sending request to the server and getting replies I get the following:

   tcp_receive: valid queue length

After some more send and receive I am starting to get:

    tcp_write: pbufs on queue => at least one queue non-empty

It seems either not sufficient buffers and/or PCB’s are defined or a memory leak. I am not sending

lots of data and the rate is about 1 second between sending. More than sufficient to clear all

related buffers.

After defining more PBUF’s and more TCP PCB’s the problem was reduced but eventually the TCP

Is stopping to respond. I found that the code is at an endless loop at tcp_out.c at line 937

useg->next points to useg and that causes an endless loop

I am not sure but this looks like a memory leak inside LwIP ?

Your input will be more than appreciated.

I am using the LwIP in RAW mode with the following main settings:

#define MEM_SIZE                (12*1024)

#define MEMP_NUM_PBUF           100

#define MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB        10

#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB        15

#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN 10

#define MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT    10

#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE          20

#define PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE       600

#define TCP_QUEUE_OOSEQ         0

#define TCP_MSS                 536

#define TCP_SND_BUF             (6*TCP_MSS)

#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN        (6 * (TCP_SND_BUF)/(TCP_MSS))

#define TCP_WND                 (4*TCP_MSS)

#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        TCP_SND_QUEUELEN

BR,

Noam @ Silora R&D