lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Networking device discovery protocols

From: Chris Williams
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Networking device discovery protocols
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 10:19:45 +0100

Quoting Adam Fullerton <address@hidden>:

You might look an upnp (just wiki)

It does get quite involved, but it is a standard and for what you want you may be able to implement just a part of it.

Regards,

Chris.

Hi,

I'm using lwIP V1.4.1 in a low power remote monitoring project. Off site connection is made via a Sierra wireless AirLink GX400 modem. For on site maintenance connection is made with direct connection to instrument. In this scenario there is a DHCP server which gives the clients IP addresses. I would prefer it if they did not have to type in the V4 IP address and port number into the web browser. If I use the windows explorer to look at my computer network I can see the DSL modem and double clicking the icon opens a web browser on the management site. Can any one tell me what protocols I need to implement to achieve this and are there any samples of this for lwIP?

Thank you for your help,

Adam.