lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Multi-Threaded netconn API TCP application

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Multi-Threaded netconn API TCP application
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 22:10:47 +0200

Hi Darius,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 05:01:27PM +0300, Darius Babrauskas wrote:
> Hi Mihai,
>
> It looks that you have problems with systimeouts. Each tread must have
> self systimeout stuct.

I disagree, only the lwIP core thread handle timeouts. Maybe your design
outside of lwIP require a timeout callout system in each thread but
that's not the case for lwIP.

> create_thread("client", client, (void *)&session_index);
>
> //PS: The application runs on Linux atm, using lwip 1.4.0 (last stable one),
> the unix port from contrib directory and the clients connect using netcat
> <ip> <port>.
> If you using Linux, why you use LWIP?  Are you want testing?

Of course he want to test and understand how to use the stack before
putting it to a microcontroller with boring flash-time and less debug
capabilities, and he is right to do so ;-)

> It seem to me, that linux port not very good implemented. Maybe for
> simple testing.

You can't claim that without explaining why, could you tell why it is
"not very good implemented" ?

Sylvain