lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip_close() doesn't work when lwip_write() hangs

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip_close() doesn't work when lwip_write() hangs
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:44:51 +0000 (GMT)

LwIP doesn't support this kind of threading model.  Multiple threads can not perform simultaneous operations (read+write, write+close, etc.) on the same socket.  The main limitation is that the netconn only has a single semaphore for blocking the calling thread when entering the core context.

On the master branch there is support for this model but the feature is in alpha state (see LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX). In LwIP 1.4.1, this is not supported.

Joel