lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Tcp Window Update generation forcefully

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Tcp Window Update generation forcefully
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:14:54 -0300

It is hard to suggest a solution when there is no description of the
problem.

If you are thinking on making changes to your code, you should upgrade
to the latest code, there's been lots of upgrades and bug fixes
and I don't think you'll find someone willing to help on 1.3.1

You mention Modbus/TCP and "serial to Ethernet"
Are you connecting two Modbus devices via a serial connection
transported over TCP or are you connecting a (serial) Modbus device to a
Modbus/TCP device ?
Did you implement Modbus/TCP in any one of them or you pack Modbus
messages into TCP segments ?
Are you spoofing messages or do you just bridge them ?
Do you use ASCII or RTU ? How do you determine the end of the message ?

What API are you using ? Raw/Socket/Netconn ?
Do you have an RTOS running ? (NO_SYS=???)

What is the problem you have ???!?
I know Modbus and it can be picky about delays, but certainly I don't
see how it won't work with a faster connection, since messages can't
arrive faster than they are sent; do you need to throttle the server ?

Who is the server ? Who is the client ?
You say you want to generate window updates for client requests, but
afaik in Modbus the one who requests is the server... please give a
thorough description of your problem.