lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] http client

From: John Hoffman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] http client
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 20:48:41 +0000

Andy,

Unless something has changed, I don't think you will find what you are looking
for.
I posted this question several years ago and did not find a proper HTTP client
API.
I did find several people on the TI forums who were trying to the same thing. I
saw a couple of C modules that were posted and used that as a starting point.
In the end we implemented our own HTTP client that sent  web service calls to a
web service on a PC.
The calls were used to POST data as fast as possible to a web service. This is
much different than your use case, but in the end a POST is a POST.
Our HTTP client module is not general purpose and therefore I cannot send you
anything useful.
I can tell you that you have to implement HTTP client protocol over TCP sockets
and this takes some time.  We also fought several defects along the way because
we have LWIP 1.3.2.
Our code  does work and I would be willing to answer specific questions if you
go this route.

Hope this helped, I feel your pain.

John