lwip-users

[lwip-users] Duplicate ACK issue lwIP 1.4.0

From: tim . king
Subject: [lwip-users] Duplicate ACK issue lwIP 1.4.0
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 02:16:33 -0700

Hi,

My system is on a Xilinx Microblaze.  I am running lwIP 1.4.0 under FreeRTOS.  I am using it in raw mode with a single tcpip thread.

I have an issue where I am getting duplicate ACKs and the connection is failing.  I am not sure what exactly is the cause but Wireshark (attached) shows duplicate ACKs.  lwIP is on port 7 @ 192.168.1.10.

I have tried different settings and get minor changes.  This occurs during a high traffic loading sequence.

I have set the lwIP task at the highest priority and it loads 95% of the time but still occasionally gets the issue.  However I don't wish it to be the highest priority as there are more important (but with low computational effort) tasks.  When I lower it to a mid priority task it loads maybe 5% of the time.

I have DDR memory in the system and have a large heap and have allocated a lot of pbuf memory.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing my issue and suggestions on how to fix/improve it?

Thanks,

Tim