lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] routing over PPP using lwip

From: contact
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] routing over PPP using lwip
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 15:04:15 +0530

> Hi Ajay,
>
> This is a bit hard to answer an open question like yours.
>
> Anyway, last time I tried, IP forwarding between a PPP session (whatever the
> low level protocol used) and an Ethernet interface works smoothly.
> However, you have to use the Git head, at least IP forwarding between PPPoS
> and Ethernet is broken in the 1.4.1 release (I don't know for PPPoE).
>
> Sylvain

Hi Sylvian,

Thanks for the response. I am using GIT head right now not using 1.4.1 release.
I just wanted to know is there any hook I need to define to make sure packet
forwarding works? Which interface I need to set as default (I tried with PPP as
default).

On PC side my adapter settings are:
IP: 192.168.37.1
GW: 192.168.37.2
Mask: 255.255.255.0

On LwIP Ethernet:
IP+GW: 192.168.37.2
Mask: 192.168.37.2

PPP: I get PPPos connect up and working smoothly, I tested DNS and ping to
google.com which works fine

But when I try to ping from my PC to google.com or even a static IP say 8.8.8.8
It does not work. Please tell me what more information I can provide so that it
becomes easy for you to answer. If any logs are needed, I will provide them too
just let me know what Debug flags to enable.

Regards,
Ajay Bhargav