lwip-users

[lwip-users] Reconnecting to a device

From: Hugh Reynolds
Subject: [lwip-users] Reconnecting to a device
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:36:04 -0000

I’m having trouble reconnecting to a device.

I have a pair of devices that talk to each other. The user sets one as Primary and one as Backup.

The Backup initiates a TCP/IP connection and requests data from the Primary.  The Primary responds.

If the user changes the configuration of the Backup unit to Primary and then back (which might happen during installation of the units) I get the following debug messages when I call error = tcp_bind(pcb, IP_ADDR_ANY, PRIPORT);

[T Unable to Bind: IP = 192.168.001.099 PORT = 09988]

[T Another connection is bound to the same port]

So my question is: How do I successfully close (or unbind) a connection so that a moment later it can be reopened?

I am maintain a port of LWIP 1.3.1 I’m not brave/clever enough to try upgrading.

Init.h says:

#define LWIP_VERSION_MAJOR      1U

#define LWIP_VERSION_MINOR      3U

#define LWIP_VERSION_REVISION   1U