lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Configuring PPP Options in Version 2.0.0 Beta1
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:18:08 +0200

Hi Greg,

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 08:10:41PM +0000, Greg Smith wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have been looking forward to the PPP enhancements made in lwIP 2.0.0
> Beta1 compared to 1.4.1.  I've added the new version to my project
> with success and have a few questions about configuring PPP.  I
> appreciate any help you can give.
>
> 1) How can I setup a static IP address when _not_ running in PPP
> Server mode?

On master branch:

ppp = pppo..._create(...);

ip4_addr_t addr;
IP4_ADDR(&addr, 192,168,0,1);
ppp_set_ipcp_ouraddr(ppp, &addr);

ppp_connect(ppp, 0);

> 2) In lcp_init(), several PPP options are hard-coded, such as
> negotiating the async map and compression.  Is there a programmatic
> way to set these options at either compile-time or run-time without
> directly modifying the lcp_init() function?  If so, how?

We are now able to add as many macros as necessary to change the PPP
configuration without changing the API but I don't want to bloat ppp.h
with macros for every possible config option, most are close to useless
anyway, which options would you need ?

Sylvain