lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] driver clarifications for ipv6: loopback, multicast

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] driver clarifications for ipv6: loopback, multicast
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 09:19:55 -0300

Well, that looks like the usual vendor "features" for that particular vendor. I don't have a full duplex mode nor a loopback of sent packages in my controller chip and I'm happy using lwIP with my driver. I think lwIP doesn't even think the driver would dare to send back a sent package; but I haven't checked, I wouldn't think of it. It doesn't look like normal ethernet (or any layer-2 btw) behaviour. AFAIK it is customary for the comm controller to remove those artifacts when attached to a half-duplex media. The upper layers shouldn't have to deal with layer-1 issues.

I can't help you with multicasts.