lwip-users

[lwip-users] RAW PCB disconnected

From: Frédéric Grandjean
Subject: [lwip-users] RAW PCB disconnected
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 05:17:37 +0000

Dear community members,

I need your lights about a behavior of LwIP;

We just solved an issue in our app, in RAW mode, when a PCB was disconnected (RESET) by the remote host.

In that case, the bug was we called the tcp_close function anyway.

This led to a strange behavior, where the PCB management (chained list) finally looped the same PCB to itself, ending in an endless loop.

In the beginning this looked like an issue in LwIP. Of course, finally it was just in our app!

But I would say there is a weakness in the stack in that case !?

What’s your opinion about this?

How can I make sure this kind of scenario won’t happen again ?

Thank you for your help

Best regards,

Frédéric