lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 17:18:00 -0300

I sent my response before you answered to Simon, so I couldn't know your problem was in the output path without violating causality. I think some states penalize that... ;^)

When the stack needs to send a frame, it will call netif->output. That pointer is usually setup at the init function for the netif driver (see ethernetif_init()). My driver sets up etharp_output() for that, and I followed the guidelines in the wiki link I sent you, I suggest you follow that. I'm using bare metal, not an OS, and I don't remember if there is a constraint for this (it is for input stage).

Anyway, that will eventually call netif->linkoutput() which is what you probably want to use. Remember you are using bare Ethernet over your driver in your port; you are not (yet) using lwIP.