lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 18:18:55 -0300

I'm also using 1.4.1, maybe the driver obscures some stuff.
ethernetif_init()). My driver sets up etharp_output() for that, and I
[...]
Anyway, that will eventually call netif->linkoutput() which is what you
probably want to use.

The driver should have a netif structure somewhere, with that function pointer. That should be passed to the init function at the setup phase, when calling netif_add(), which calls the init function inside the driver and passes the netif structure. I just powered off my main machine and can't access my driver to double check (without spending extra time I don't have right now), but I'm sure I can't be too far. Read the wiki link I've sent and follow that, 1.4.1 is fine for this, you can upgrade later if you want (suggested, but I haven't yet)