lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP MPPE "Optional" Support

From: Greg Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP MPPE "Optional" Support
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 00:48:19 +0000

I have a follow-on question.  Below I said I was able to connect with MSCHAPv2 or no authentication.  I think I was actually not authenticating in either case.  So...  Is there a way to have PPP try authentication first before giving up and trying no authentication?  (This may be a violation of LCP, I'm not sure.  It just seems like it should/could be a negotiable option.)

If I set ppp_set_auth_required(, 0);, then I think it always connects with no auth, regardless of what I've set in ppp_set_auth().

If I set ppp_set_auth_required(, 1);, then it refuses the peers that don't support auth at all.

Is there a solution here that I'm not seeing?

Slightly outside of the scope of lwIP, but if it's possible, what are the appropriate pppd options to allow its side?

Thanks.

-- G