lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 16:12:14 +0200

Amit Ashara wrote:
> I call the LLDP transmit function lldp_raw(struct netif *netif, const struct
> eth_addr *ethsrc_addr)
> with the MAC address of the port. So if there are multiple ports each with
> its MAC address, then
> that can be resolved by the 2nd argument of the function.

That's not netif-portable. A netif driver has to implement
netif_linkoutput_fn(struct netif *netif, struct pbuf *p)
and there's no source MAC address passed. You can check the pbuf of course, but
that's not acceptable
for all TX packets.

> Also if we put the use restriction of a single port, wouldn't that work also?

You can do that but you would limit the use of such a protocol implementation.

Simon