lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP UDP throughput with Iperf

From: Arpit Agarwal
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP UDP throughput with Iperf
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 07:48:45 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to measure LWIP UDP performance on loopback interface using iperf. I am getting very low throughput (around 5 Mbps).

If I try to set more bandwidth in iperf , LWIP run put of memory and I have to allocate more memory (MEM_SIZE) to resolve memory failure.

To achieve successful iperf using bandwidth around 20 Mbps on loopback interface , I have to allocate MEM_SIZE = 300 KB.

I am using MEMP_MEM_MALLOC in my lwipopts.h

Is there anyway we can increase UDP throughput on loopback interface without increasing MEM_SIZE. I have only 100KB max to spare

for LWIP MEM_SIZE.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpit Agarwal