lwip-users

[lwip-users] bug #49209: netconn_drain() fails to handle 'netconn_aborte

From: Gregory . W . Smith
Subject: [lwip-users] bug #49209: netconn_drain() fails to handle 'netconn_aborted' pointer
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 15:25:04 -0600

Hi Simon,
Thank you for the fix to Bug #49209 in g0e2354e, Wed Sep 28 12:53:07.
I have tried the fix and have the following observations:
1) No hard faults.
2) The call to sys_mbox_free() at the end of netconn_drain() is sometimes failing an assert. My LPCopen/FreeRTOS version of sys_mbox_free() is failing an assert that the mailbox is empty before freeing.
I suspect the mailbox contains multiple copies of the &netconn_aborted pointer, and the change for bug #49209 frees the mailbox after removing only the first &netconn_aborted pointer.

Greg.