lwip-users

[lwip-users] Big time gaps in TCP communication

From: pekez
Subject: [lwip-users] Big time gaps in TCP communication
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 11:53:55 +0100

Hello people,

I have implemented a simple TCP echo server app that runs on ZYNQ board, and simple TCP echo client that runs on Windows PC. I am using lwip141 1.5 with FreeRTOS on ZYNQ and windows sockets on PC.

This is a main loop of server app:

while (TRUE)
{
        read = Fread(g_sendline, 1, TCP_MAX_DATA_LEN, fprd);
        Send(g_sockfd, g_sendline, read, 0);

        recvd = Recv(g_sockfd, g_recvline, TCP_MAX_DATA_LEN, 0);
        written = Fwrite(g_recvline, 1, recvd, fpwr);

        if (read < TCP_MAX_DATA_LEN)
            break;
}

Everything works as it should, but the problem is time. Every time the packet is lost, there is a big time gap of 2 or 3 seconds before communication is normally continued. I am sending a picture of Wireshark capture, just to see clearly what is happening. (boards IP is the one ending with 240, whereas the PCs IP is the one ending with 101).

Maybe this is not even directly connected to lwip, but I guess you guys can help me anyways.

Thanks