lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Zero window and refused data problem

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Zero window and refused data problem
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 22:14:07 +0000 (GMT)

Oleg,

I agree that setting the window update threshold below 1 MSS would be bad.  I didn't realize your window was being updated in such small amounts.  Is there a reason why your application isn't continuing to drain the buffer?

In terms of receiving a zero-window probe.  Is LwIP ACKing the probe because you technically do have window space available because your application read some data, but not enough to trigger the threshold?  If that's the case, then it sounds like LwIP is behaving correctly.  If LwIP is continuing to accept data even though the receive buffer is full and real window is 0, then that's a problem.

A zero window probe that is borrowing the probe byte of the next unsent segment is normal and in this case, the it sounds like the window has space, but we aren't advertising that space.  Eventually the window should fully fill up and LwIP would (hopefully) stop ACKing zero window probe.

Joel