lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for 1.4.1

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for 1.4.1
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 11:32:17 +0100

Yes: I saw it only sends LLDP frames in regular intervals.

From what I know about LLDP (I implemented a Profinet CC-B device where LLDP is mandatory), an "LLDP implementation" also needs to receive LLDP frames and present the received neighborhood info via SNMP LLDP MIBs. This is way more work than just sending LLDP frames.

So IMHO, your LLDP implementation is not that useful - or am I wrong with my assumption about LLDP reception? Are there use cases where sending LLDP frames is enough?

Ciao
Dirk

--
Dirk Ziegelmeier * address@hidden * http://www.ziegelmeier.net