lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP - For 10G traffic??

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP - For 10G traffic??
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:33:09 +0100

prasanth wrote:
> *Does, LWIP can be used for processing 10G traffic or it can be used
> only for 1G?? Please give your valuable suggestions!!*

I would think of course it can be used for 10G. The main factor here will
be your netif driver, where you would have to take care of performance-
boosting things like interrupt mitigation, scatter-gather support, checksum
offload, etc.

And you'll have to take care to use zero-copy when writing your application.

I haven't done this though, this is just from knowing the code...

Simon