lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Debug pppos packet loss issue

From: Patrick Klos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Debug pppos packet loss issue
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 08:21:13 -0500

On 3/2/2017 8:10 AM, Sylvain Rochet wrote:
Hi Axel,

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 08:55:15PM +0800, Axel Lin wrote:
Hi,
I'm using current lwIP master tree.

I got my device connect to internet via 4G/LTE module now (by PPPoS).
However, I found sometimes download file size mismatch when
try to download some files (about 100KB) from http server.

I tried enable PPP_DEBUG / PRINTPKT_SUPPORT / PPP_PROTOCOLNAME /
LWIP_STATS_DISPLAY, but I don't see any unusual things.

The only strange thing is in download success case, the download speed
is fast. In download file mismatch (seems some packet lost) case, the
download speed is very low. Any hint to debug such issue?
HTTP uses TCP so whatever happens you shouldn't have a size mismatch.

I was thinking the same thing. If you get to the end of the HTTP download with a file, then the network communications via TCP is (probably) not responsible for the corrupt file. That implies that your app that collects the pieces of the file from the network and writes them down may have a problem instead.

Add to that the fact that the transfer takes a lot longer when the file is corrupt, and knowing that LwIP has rules about what can be called when and in which context, it seems probable that your app's use of LwIP is not quite right and causing the network errors that are resulting in the problems you're seeing.

Do you have a packet trace of the HTTP download? That will likely have clues about what's going on

Patrick