lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP RAW API tcpip_callback()

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP RAW API tcpip_callback()
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 21:30:16 +0200

Werner Motz wrote:

In my freertos task (outside lwip) I do following:

[..]

             tcpip_callback_with_block(WTF, tcp_active_pcbs, 0);

Why on earth would you pass 'tcp_active_pcbs'? Wherever you got that from: tell them this is wrong and they should stop spreading such horrible code examples!

Starting with 2.0.0, you can even link this only when including "lwip/priv/tcp_priv.h". And guess what, 'priv' means 'private'. Not 'public'! You should smell there's something wrong when an application needs to include the private headers of the stack!

Unfortunatelly I run into Assert function in tcpip_callback_with_block(…)

LWIP_ASSERT("Invalid mbox", sys_mbox_valid_val(mbox));

This indicates you have not called lwip_init(). I wonder who told you how to start with lwIP? Did you see there are actually files in the 'doc' folder?

Really (and not meant in an offensive way!), I'm with Dirk thinking you need someone teaching you lessons on embedded programming. Or you need to pay someone programming your devices if this is about devices you want to sell...

Cheers,
Simon