lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] how to set the link up

From: massimiliano cialdi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] how to set the link up
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 15:01:49 +0200

On 05/07/2017 13:59, Noam Weissman wrote:
>From what I have seen the KSZ8081RNACA is an IEEE compliant PHY... that means
that the driver is standard.

You need to read PHY_BSR register (1) and check bit 3 ... this is the link
status. This is what I am doing in a task.
The reason for doing the above is that a PHY with RMII has no link interrupt
and the simplest way is to read the
basic status register.
Yes, I know, but I wonder where, in the code, to poll that register. Do I need to provide a task as you do? And netif_set_link_up() has to be called only from this task?

Do you have a fully functional driver and initialize code that works for you ?

I have an implementation... Is the sample code provided by NXP in KSDK2.2 (our board is very similar to FRDM K64). They do some strange things, but they have provided a task that only deals with receiving the data from network. PHY polling is done in an high level (application) task that deal with UDP packets.

best regards
Max