lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Advice on wifi module

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Advice on wifi module
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 13:18:02 -0300

I've been searching for something like that for some time.
Most wifi modules have their own TCP/IP stack because they already have horsepower and intelligence to support WPA. We embedded developers would want to have our applications written once for lwIP and peruse them either on Ethernet or Wi-Fi, and sometimes both, but so far... Redpine Signals seems to have some modules without TCP/IP offloading. However, they've been very reluctant to provide the information I requested (I happen to work for a local component distributor in southamerica, yes, no big sales volume no support) The ESP32 could be somewhat tricked into this, or even used itself (the ESP8266 is better left alone...) I recall having seen an asian SDIO module, but I can't remember the part number.
I've stopped my quest since then.