lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ERR_MEM when sending large data, LWIP stats show no err

From: Adrian Figueroa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ERR_MEM when sending large data, LWIP stats show no error
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 08:08:24 +0000

I find no errors or dropped packets in any of the lwIP stats categories.

So, I tried reducing my application to sending the same data all the time.
Every 15 packets precisely, there is a lost packet. This is after a payload of
21900 bytes.

By the way, 21900 bytes equals exactly my MEM_SIZE (23360) minus one TCP_MSS
(1460), so this may be a hint. My TCP_SND_QUEUELEN is 16.

Still, the mem stats show:

LwIP_stats.mem
        Err: 0
        Avail: 23360
        Used: 6288
        Max: 6356
        Illegal: 0

I am a little lost at this point. How could the memory be filled up? I get ACKs
after each two packets.

Best regards,
Adrian