lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip tcp-stack reliability issue when using non-reliabl

From: Noam Weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip tcp-stack reliability issue when using non-reliable network?
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 21:19:41 +0000

Hi Itzik,

I see that you have defined:

TCP_WND=(100 * TCP_MSS)
TCP_SND_BUF=TCP_WND
MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG=TCP_SND_QUEUELEN

If TCP_MSS is defined 536 (default) that means that your TCP_WND is 53,600 bytes ?

and that is over a serial line ?

How much RAM do you have?, How much RAM is defined for TCP memory?

I never worked with PPP so I am a bit on the dark here.

From my experience with LwIP (over 6 years) Almost always it was misusing the stack or

doing something wrong.

You have written that you are using the Socket API. Normally Socket API is used with different

threads/task. If you do not use an OS why not use the RAW API ?

BR,

Noam.