lwip-users

[lwip-users] win32 porting contrib: double IP address

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: [lwip-users] win32 porting contrib: double IP address
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:58:30 +0100

Hello lwip users, this is my first post. I hope this is the right mailing list for my question.

I started with lwip, so I downloaded both lwip and lwip-contrib. I was able to compile lwip test application for win32 (mingw compiler). When I launch test application on third adapter interface (in my computer it's a normal Ethernet interface integrated in the motherboard) with 0.0.0.0 ip address, lwip automatically requests and obtains a new IP address (192.168.1.156). Of course, I have a DHCP server running on the network.

The Ethernet interface is already configured in Windows to use DHCP and its "Windows IP address" is 192.168.1.102 (DHCP static assignment).

So I have an Ethernet interface with two IP and MAC addresses. It seems it works, except for one thing. I tested connectivity by running "ping 192.168.1.156" command from a shell on the same computer. No reply! The ARP table is ok (192.168.1.156 is associated to 01.02.03.04.05.06 MAC address). It seems no packets are detected from lwip.

The ping works well if I launch "ping 192.168.1.156" command from *another* computer on the same network.

Is there a solution to use my development computer to run lwip TCP/IP stack *and* to simulate an Internet node that wants to connect to it?

I think a solution is to use a virtual machine with a virtual network adapter, but this means to open VMWare Player or Virtual Box... I'd like to avoid.