lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP retransmission

From: Nikolas Karakotas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP retransmission
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 08:55:33 +0100

Hi,

True for not providing enough information.

Deducing wireshark information I can say:
1. Remote host send a Modbus request
2. For whichever reason we don't respond to it as it may have been
lost because of network or Ethernet driver
3. The remote host then re sends the request and we are able to
receive it notifying with a Dup Ack
4. The remote host then sends the re-transmission of the previous
packets lost with 24 bytes ( contains 2 modbus requests now)
5. It's forwarded to the application layer but I found out that the
application layer Modbus implementation doesn't handle fragmented
Modbus requests well

I'm currently fixing this by using the captured 24 bytes Modbus request.
How can I test such scenario to find out where the issue is and I'm
missing packets? We have used tools to flood the controller etc but
never show such issue.
The loss may happen once a day but signals and alarm to the SCADA
system and isn't acceptable.

Attached a snapshot.

Nikolas