lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP never tries to send a packet?

From: Chris Seto
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP never tries to send a packet?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:27:28 -0600

Ahah!!

I knew it was something simple. Yup. That did it.

Thanks all!!

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 1:01 PM, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
On 18.01.2018 17:46, Chris Seto wrote:
Hi,

I'm using LwIP 2.0 running on an STM32F4 with a TI TLK110 ethernet PHY. I've written the driver for the PHY and corrected the definitions within the STM32 HAL such that the PHY is initialized correctly. When low_level_init() returns, the link is guaranteed physically up.

I'm having an issue where it doesn't seem like LwIP is ever trying to send packets. I put printf("RX\r\n"); and printf("TX\r\n"); calls in my ethernetif.c handlers, and while RX periodically is called, TX is /never/ called. Even if I try to open a TCP socket, and even if I try dhcp_start().

I'm sure this is some kind of minor config issue. Any advice?

Debugging is enabled, and I see a bunch of "etharp_timer" at about 2hz or so, but nothing else. Shouldn't I at least expect to see a DHCP discover packet sent?

Code here:

ethernetif.c

lwipopts.h

Networking.c

I don't see a call to 'netif_set_up()' there. Semantics have changed from 1.4.x to 2.0.x.
I assume you read the UPGRADING document in the top level folder??
If not: RTFM!

Cheers,
Simon