lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP drivers repository

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP drivers repository
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:01:24 +0100

cookies_do wrote:
> I would like to ask if there is any lwip drivers repository?

Not really.

> I have found
> that from 2010 started download area, but this is not the repository.
>
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=6140

No. As stated, this is in the wiki. However, the wiki was an idea by someone
else, not by lwIP developers. We don't maintain it (currently).

> Also, in git-contrib I have found under each release root/ports/old folder
> that contains drivers like this one:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip/lwip-contrib.git/tree/ports/old?h=STABLE-2_0_1_RELEASE
>
> Why these drivers are in old folder?

Because they are not maintained. Noone volunteered. Most likely, they will not
work any more.

> Are there any other repository for drivers or today this download area is
> mainly used?

I really don't know. Our understanding of lwIP is we provide the core code that
works. We don't have the man power to support individual architectures. And
providing examples would mean we keep testing them that they work.

Simon