lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Slow HTTP put request

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Slow HTTP put request
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 13:37:03 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> [..]
> Regarding the expect/continue overhead, according to wireshark trace
> below it is about 30ms extra - way to much for what I intended to use
> PUT (write a couple of bytes to twi interface).

Speaking of that, why do you use PUT anyway? I would have used POST to
implement what you seem to do. PUT seems rather "unusual" to me...

> [..]
> I always thought there is a mechanism to tell the client that my server
> supports HTTP 1.0 only and this should prevent the client from asking me
> things I do no support. Am I wrong ?

I don't know how that client knows about the version of the remote server.
It can issue a first request to get the server's version, but that seems
rather unusual, too. And from your traces, that doesn't happen...

But you can try to just make the server report "HTTP/1.0" in every response
instead of "HTTP/1.1" and see what happens...

Simon