lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Download a file for firmware upgrade

From: Jim Pettinato
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Download a file for firmware upgrade
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 12:47:31 +0000

One other possibility you might want to consider is to implement an FTP (or
TFTP) _server_, rather than a client, on your lwIP device; this allows for push
updates if desired. The user can then (optionally) accept the new image for
installation locally. Down side is that this is even trickier as far as
piercing firewalls, since end users would need to allow external ftp access to
the device in the field or use a local ftp client from behind the firewall to
download the update to the lwIP device.