lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp_connection (no SYN packet on server side)

From: inderjit
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp_connection (no SYN packet on server side)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 04:17:47 -0700 (MST)

Hi, I'm new to LWIP and trying to get tcp/ip protocol working with static ip. I have SAM4E based MCU that is to be worked as client and I'm just mocking a server on raspberry pi (no implementation so far, only monitoring using tcpdump and iptables. The devices are connected by ethernet cable RJ45. My current setting is:
#define NO_SYS				1
#define LWIP_NETIF_STATUS_CALLBACK	1
//#define DHCP_USED
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB		2
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN		1
#define LWIP_TCP			1
The following code goes without any problems:
	ip_addr_t ip;
	uint32_t data = ""

	pcb_tcp = tcp_new();

	/* register callbacks */
	tcp_err(pcb_tcp , tcp_err_cb);
	tcp_recv(pcb_tcp , tcp_recv_cb);
	tcp_sent(pcb_tcp , tcp_sent_cb);

	tcp_arg(pcb_tcp, (void*) &data);

	/* bind to address and port */
	IP4_ADDR(&ip, 192, 168, 100, 250);
	tcp_bind(pcb_tcp, &ip, 8080);

	IP4_ADDR(&ip, 192, 168, 100,155);
	err = tcp_connect(pcb_tcp, &ip, 8080, tcp_connected_cb);
	if (err != 0) {
		LWIP_ASSERT("err != 0", 0);
	}
On my server side (raspberry pi I'm monitoring all packages received by tcpdump and iptables. After a while I get a timeout and consequently
ERR_ABRT
on callback which is OK. BUT I am not seeing any packages i.e no SYN packets being received on server side although on client it says:
pcb_tcp->state =SYN_SENT
Should I not? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance. Indy