lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP with 4G modern

From: Woody Wu
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP with 4G modern
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 01:07:15 +0800

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:39 AM Sergio R. Caprile <address@hidden> wrote:

> AFAIK there is no built-in AT send/expect engine, but lwIP does support
> PPP over serial interfaces. As long as you manage to setup your whatever
> in PPP mode, it will work.

Did you mean this:  I create a PPP interface in LwIP and forward ppp
packets between LwIP and AT interface of the modem?
If so, that means the AT command set have to understand/accept PPP
packets, right?

> You can have as many interfaces as your memory and drivers can handle,
> but don't expect lwIP to route between them (not without you grabbing
> some hooks). It will however, in expected scenarios, return responses on
> the expected interface. Otherwise, you bridge or you route.

Not exactly understand. I guess you mean LwIP cannot do direct
IP-forward between interfaces, right? Please comment on the below
scenario:

I have two interfaces and one LwIP stack, my app sits above LwIP and
received a message from interface A, then the app like to send the
message explicitly to an external IP address which is in the same
network of interface B, but not A.  In this situation, do you think
LwIP will do the job correctly?

Thanks.

    -- Schopenhauer

woody