lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] altcp_tls_mbedtls

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] altcp_tls_mbedtls
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:26:43 +0100

Il 22/02/2019 09:54, Andy Pont ha scritto:
Giuseppe wrote...

I'm trying to integrate lwip and mbedTLS on a project running on LPC1769 MCU from NXP. This MCU features 64kB SRAM in two separate banks of 32kB.
I don’t have any particular experience of the lwIP + mbedTLS combination that you are using and how to tune it but I have recently been working on a similar sounding project using the LPC1768.

Didn't you use mbedTLS for your project?

The way that the memory ended up being partitioned was:

16K @ 0x2007C000 (AHBSRAM0) - Ethernet send and receive buffers / descriptors
16K @ 0x20080000 (AHBSRAM1) - Dedicated memory used for SSL
32K @ 0x10000000 (RAM) - System memory for remaining application

We had to be careful in the memory management to make sure that when memory was requested dynamically it was allocated from the right pool.
16kB for SSL? I understood this is too small. SSL requires at least 16kB for *only* input buffer. But you need output buffer too.