lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using LWIP with PPP and NAT

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using LWIP with PPP and NAT
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 20:29:32 +0100

Am 21.02.2019 um 20:16 schrieb Flavio Castro Alves Filho:
Hello,

I am new to LWIP and also new to this mailling list.

I saw a discussion about the use of NAT on this following thread:
http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/ESP8266-as-WiFi-to-PPP-Bridge-td28522.html

(I don't know, if it is possible, to continue the thread without have
received the email. Sorry).

I saw from Ajay the following project: https://github.com/ajaybhargav/lwip_nat

That ones seems pretty inactive? Also, they seem to have a mixed license where the NAT part seems to be GPL, while lwIP has a BSD license.

In addition to that, the ip4_nat.c file seems to be based on code uploaded to our bugtracker in 2009 which got revoked because the one who uploaded it did not have appropriate rights to do so (http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7506).

I'd be suprised if that github code was legally correct...

Regards,
Simon

I intend to test it, but I have no idea how to do that. If possible, I
would like to use an STM32 board (nucleo-f429zi).

Could anybody advice me in how to proceed?

Best regards,

Flavio