lwip-users

[lwip-users] Using LWIP Sequential API with non-preemptive (cooperative)

From: uaz
Subject: [lwip-users] Using LWIP Sequential API with non-preemptive (cooperative) OS
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 01:27:28 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone,

Are LWIP sequential APIs strictly for preemptive OS?

I'm saying this because I've been struggling to make my application to run
smoothly.
I have tried doing TCP and UDP servers using netconn and BSD socket which
ran perfectly with at low bandwidth.

But when I implement at my real application, my non-preemptive FreeRTOS will
freeze  at random times for 1-2 seconds, stuck in tcpip_thread() or my own
udp_server() task.

I feel as if something in critical sections (interrupt switched off) is
blocking, because my Systick interrupt stops triggering during that period
too. But I am unable to track where it freezes.

LWIP version: v2.0.3
FreeRTOS version: v10.1.1

What do you guys suggest? Create a single task that manages all RAW
connections?

Thanks,
uaz